Obesity is a chronic relapsing disease affecting a rapidly increasing number of people worldwide. By 2025, global obesity prevalence is predicted to reach 18% in men and surpass 21% in women.
According to World Health Organization:
- 2 billion adults are overweight or obese, while 462 million are underweight.
- 49 million children under 5 years of age are wasted, 17 million are severely wasted and 149 million are stunted, while 40 million are overweight or obese.
- Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975. Most of the world’s populations live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
Obesity leads to much more than simple weight gain. Having a high ratio of body fat to muscle puts strain on your bones as well as your internal organs. Left untreated, the consequences of obesity are likely to escalate, as the numbers of people living with obesity rises and as the prolonged duration of obesity increases the risk of non-communicable diseases.
Obesity has been linked to a number of health complications, some of which are life-threatening:
- type 2 diabetes
- certain cancers (breast, colon, and endometrial)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- gallbladder disease
- fatty liver disease
- high cholesterol
- sleep apnea and other breathing problems
5 Steps to fight obesity
In order to beat obesity, you need to be dedicated to making fundamental changes to your diet and lifestyle.
Here five ways you can fight obesity:
- Obesity can be caused by a poor nutritional diet. By making healthier choices and eating a balanced diet you can reduce your calorie intake and reduce the threat of obesity. Focus on the nutritional content of your food.
- Avoid unhealthy and sugar laden drinks. You should aim to drink around six to eight glasses of fluid a day. Water is best; it’s a healthy and cheap choice for quenching your thirst. It has no calories and no sugars.
- To reduce your weight or keep weight loss off you’ll need to keep active. Try to make physical activity part of your daily routine.
- You should discuss with professional about your eating habits, which helps to understand them more and with this information you may be able to make positive steps to overcome overeating or comfort eating.
- Control your meal time, rest and sleeping. You may surprise how it can help you to lose weight.
We develop with nutritionists and fitness trainers special Daily Food Box.
Each month our subscribers will get special food kit with quality products, advice from specialists how to cook, eat and exercise to help you lose weight, fight obesity and support you healthy life being.
Read more about How it works.